ProGuard Warranty does not market or sell our products or services directly to consumers, only through dealerships. We recognizethat privacy is important and are committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information collected and used to provide our products and services. When you provide any of the information described in this Privacy Notice (including information that might be automatically generated), you consent to the use and disclosure of that information as described by this statement. This Privacy Notice describes the personal information that ProGuard Warranty collects and the uses that ProGuard maymake of that personal information.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual. We may collect personal information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Your first name and your last name or company name
- Your postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Phone number
- Your e-mail address
Sources of Personal Information We Collect
We generally obtain consumers’ Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our dealers or you. For example, from vehicle service contract applications completed by you.
- Indirectly from our dealers or you. For example, from information collected throughout the course of administering vehicle service contracts or providing other services.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.proguardwarranty.com). For example, from submissions through our website portals and/or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the products and/or services we provide. For example, from emergency roadside service providers who provide emergency roadside services in connection with your vehicle service contract.
- Through tracking technologies when you access our website, including cookies, Web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, ETags or Entity Tags, recognition technologies, and location-identifying technologies.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Information
Business or Commercial Uses of Personal Information
We generally collect consumers’ Personal Information for the following commercial or business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask questions about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process that request.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our websites, products, and services.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns, and to monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide you access to products or services offered by third party service providers.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or local, state, or federal government regulations.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in applicable laws, including but not limited to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To process your registration with any of our services, including verifying your information is active and valid.
- For internal business purposes.
- To contact you with regard to your use of any of our services and, in our discretion, changes to any of our services.
Third Parties with Whom Personal Information is Disclosed
We do not sell Personal Information to third parties. Be aware that we share data with repair facilities, automotive dealers, and service-related vendors in the course of normal business as it pertains to performing services for their customers. We may share data with insurers, lenders, data aggregators or to our affiliates to perform statistical analysis or otherwise provide customer support.
All such third parties are prohibited from using Personal Information except to provide services to us on your behalf, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We may also disclose Personal Information to government agencies, or third parties as required by law or as necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information stored in a user’s browser that give that user a unique identification. ProGuard Warrantysites MAY insert cookies into your browser that identify you as a previous user of the Sites and contain non-personally identifying information regarding you and your navigation of the Sites. In some instances, these cookies may be used by us or other web sites during your future navigation of the internet to target specific advertisements to you based on your previous use of the Sites. The Sites may also read cookies already stored within your browser to identify non-personal information about you and communicate this information to other advertisers. All cookies are established on a per session basis and are not permanently stored on your machine. For more information about cookies, please visit www.AboutCookies.org.
We care about protecting the security of your personal information, and we have implemented security procedures to protect the personal information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
California Privacy Rights